Rekindling My Youth

The title is actually a euphemism for "I did not work as hard the last several days because I was busy playing PC games". Haha. When I was in high school I was addicted to PlayStation (yes,. I am THAT old). Me and my sisters and cousins would play Crash Team Racing, Snowbow Kids Plus, South Park Rally and all those uber cool games we had all weekend long. Our parents were thankful that we were not out on the streets like most other teens because they can keep a close eye on us, but when the electric bills came I'm not sure if they were as thankful. But anyway, last week I discovered about several PlayStation emulator software. They have been in existence for a while now and I am shocked that I only found out about them last week.

Since I've download a pretty good emulator, me and hubby have been downloading PSX games (that's what they call PS games that can be played on a desktop) like mad. First there was Harvest Moon (that we haven't finished yet) and then there was Snobow Kids Plus (which we finished in two days) and now there's Crash Team Racing. The graphics are horrible compared to the newer games today. Hubby laughs at how some of the characters were drawn (he can do that because he can draw quite well. I can't because I would sound like a superficial toad as I can only draw stick figures) But I'd rather have that and a good storyline than eye-candy graphics and crappy plot.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone can relate. I feel like I'm the only one (aside from my hubby) who plays them anymore. LOL. I've been so out lately that these things distract me easily from my work. I feel guilty, really. I feel like I should stop playing these childish games and focus on work instead but somewhere in my mind it says I should loosen up a bit or I end up deranged from work overload. I'm a little crazy but I don't want to be deranged, so I'm gonna end this entry now to play some more. Haha. Another blog redesign project is in the works for a friend, I hope to finish it by tomorrow. Tell me what you think about it by then.

15 comments:

sweet_shelo said...

hi sis, cool for you to play such games nowadays.. There's no bad thing about it, I even find you so kiddielike on the inside..Keep that cheerful spirit in you it will keep you forever young..

pehpot said...

You're not alone!! waaaah! I have been playing Mario Brothers all day long...

Make or Break

mye said...

wow..sana i can learn CSS din hahaha teach me teach me :)

A Lil Enchanted said...

OMG Hunny.... when I was in high school Atari was the new thing...lol.... yes I am *that* old! And there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking some time off and playing your favorite video games... I still like to play games on my old Sega Genesis.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Anonymous said...

i can relate sis! i actually asked my bubbykins to install family computer or snes games into the psp. and i can take hours playing super mario bros, adventure island and bomberman! haha! yuck, makes me feel so old though!

Gracey said...

I now miss the times when I was elementary. I got to play Crash Bandicoot! woooo. Memoriess!hahaha

honey_nonz said...

hi sis,im not really familiar with that game..but i think its gpoing to be fun..
by the way, thanks for the visit..

Nadine said...

Weeeeee. We had a playstation back then too ate, I was into CTR and Crash Bandicoot. Tapos FF games, tapos ung bugbugan. Ahahaha, nakakamiss kaya nga nagiipon ako para makabile ng PSP! Harhar, tagal na ko di nakakalaro sa console talaga eh, yung talagang adekness! :)) I think I need to get some free time myself too, I mean away from the online money making ekeks for a while din (@_@)

Unknown said...

after I read your blog, I think that your blog is very interesting, I hope you do not mind if I follow your blog, and I hope you do the same thing. Greetings from Indonesia.

nikogirl said...

whoa. the only thing i play at my laptop is zumma or is it zumma :D weeeeeh but if i have a game buddy i might be an addict just like u :)

niko said...

how are u by the way?

fedhz said...

LOL. tama lang yan. loosen up a bit sometimes. when boyfriend buys consoles, we play like crazy too. but we're kinda addicted to earning right now, so no more consoles at the moment. our playtime is going to malls and chasing Yzabella around. wahahaha

Work hard, play hard, mommy!!!

redamethyst said...

I love plating games pa rin. we have ps2 right now, and dalawa kame ni JJ naglalaro pagwala daddy nya. pagandyan, 3 kame sa harap ng tv. heheh. pati sa computer games adictus din ako.

niko said...

eh anu pa nga ba.. kung adek kau pareho ni hub that good addiction hiihih bonding moment nio yan eh :) cool nga

niko said...

ako nag aadik ngaun sa plants vs zombies.. after ur contest naku un nmn pag pupuyatan ko lol