She Makes Me Feel Like A Great Mom

In all honesty, I never really see myself as a role model of a mom. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me to be your mom. Hehe. Svetlana is in fact, closer to her dad than I, because they get play longer everyday and Paulie's the one who assists her in eating and bathing most of the time. So I was lurking at myLot just now, and I saw this discussion about someone being dubbed as Britain's worst parent. Out of curiosity, I read the article. I actually felt good after reading this (I feel really bad about the children, though), and I don't know if that is what I am supposed to feel. Anyway, read on. Full credits goes to the article, which is here, if you want to read the entirety. I'll just post here the details I found disturbing.:

A single mum was yesterday branded Britain's worst parent after she left her four young children home alone to go on a 24-hour drinking binge.

The kids she left were aged three months, one, three and four.

The alarm was only raised when her four-year-old daughter was spotted hanging out of the window sobbing: "Where's mummy?"

A relative broke into the house and found the one-year-old boy soaked in urine in his cot. The girl of three had managed to dress herself.

The most upset was the oldest who had tried to mix a feed for the youngest who was crying with hunger, cold and in a soiled nappy.

There was dried milk and sick all over his clothing. He was said to be grey, docile and his forehead "sunken". Police found the house in Blackburn, Lancs, littered with empty beer cans and bottles. One sickened officer said: "It was a scene of filth and disorder."

13 comments:

Bacolod and Beyond said...

I'm also a member of mylot, but haven't visited for quite sometime, hehe!
I like their posts and the discussions.

Unknown said...

Wow! That parent definitely needs some help!

Anonymous said...

i now feel a lot better about myself after reading this. but boo to the mom and sad for the kids.

off topic, k, how are you? di ka na nagpaparamdam.. :(

fedhz said...

shet! alam mo napapamura ako. wala bang "smileys" ng mura dito hehehe. pucha ano ba yun? nyeteks naman. lalu tuloy sumama loob ko. teka iyak muna ako.

niko said...

nakakainis!!!! sobrang asar ko sa mom na yan!! hmp tlga

kamz said...

that's a very disheartening and disturbing story. cno ba namang matino ang isip ang gagawa nyan? i do get fed up sometimes, lahat naman cguro tayo napupuno din ano... pero di naman tama yung idadamay mo ang mga walang kamalaymalay di ba? feeling ko tuloy tumaas bp ko...

niko said...

i shall give the link to yobib.. and to everybody sa ofc.. mashare ko lng ang inis ko hahha

zoan said...

grabe naman yan. kahit na iniiwan ko sa yaya ang anak ko, may tiwala naman akong walang mangyayaring masama sa kanya.. i mean, kung alam kong hindi aalagaan ng mabuti ang anak ko, di nalang ako aasa sa yaya. mas mabuti pang walang akong trabaho at unahin kong atupagin ang anak ko...

Genefaith said...

nakakaawa...i can't imagine a mom doing such evil thing to her children...she's not worthy to be called a mother! wala na akong masabi..ipagpray ko na lang at iiyak ko kay LOrd. God loves little children. I pray that God will make a way to save these children from further harm

Sherry Go Sharing said...

being a mom is not easy, you need alot patience and love, my friend is a mom of 3 now she knows she can't do it but she seek help by hire nanny.

redamethyst said...

yeah, now I feel I am a great mom too. grabe naman ang nanay na yan.

niko said...

waheheheh alam mo bang nisend ko to sa email sa office??

sobrang gumaan pakiramdam ko waheheheh

niko said...

bigla n naman ako nainis. grrrrr ang mom na to!! awa ako sa mga bata