Search For The Perfect Top Commentator Widget

Do you see my Top Commentator widget somewhere down my sidebar? I've always had that but it was only yesterday that I finally got a great code (thanks Greenlava!!!) which ACCURATELY displays the number of the top commentators of my blog on my sidebar. Please skip this post and go straight to the nitty-gritty here (THE code to install) if you're not interested in a detailed explanation of how I got the code and why do I need it. LOL. You see, the usual codes only allow for tracking your last TWO HUNDRED (200) comments (from the default comments feed of Blogger). I thought it was "resetting" every month, because the numbers do not pile up, but no, it was actually just reading the last 200.

Anyways, so I was looking for a code that actually worked. I thought I found one because it claimed to detect the last 5000 comments of my blog. IT DIDN'T. I had no choice but to look at the source code (coming from Yahoo Pipes) and try to figure out a workaround to my problem. To date, I am certain I have more than 200 comments here, so the codes I have tried simply wouldn't work. And since our contest involves commenting and counting (I also needed to provide the codes to our generous first and second tier sponsors), it is essential that I get one that actually works for the last thousand or so comments. And that was when I stumbled upon BloggerSentral and the uber helpful Greenlava. He so kindly allowed us to clone his pipe and edit the source to fit our needs, and edit it I did. It wasn't hard to figure out because Greenlava did a swell job in starting it right, and yes, it is 100% accurate.

For the codes I've been yapping about, go here or here. Actually, the two links just land on the same page. I'm just playing with you. LOL.



Our blogversary contest is ongoing! More than $500 of cash and prizes are at stake!

BIG Blogversary Contest


7 comments:

moonstar said...

thanks again,

pehpot said...

sinubukan ko din yang pipe pipe na yan kaso sumuko ako agad.. alam ko naman na gagawan mo ng paraan haha

Genefaith said...

wow galing nakita ko nga and I'm your no.1 fan! he..he..kahit wala pang contest I'm still dropping some love here ( you know that marce:))...I gotta use this.thanks mare for searching this perfect top commentator widget for us:)

Sam said...

I love this K! Will use this on one of the Blogger blogs I edited. Galing. SO now you're developing widgets? Baka naman next nyan WP plug-ins na ha! ;)

kamz said...

marce, di mo pa nasasagot tanong ko on the commentator widget if it updates every month. lol! naniningil ba? :D peace!

redamethyst said...

very nice! I have to try this in the near future, pagdumame na ang nagcocomment sa blog ko. i'm still trying to be a good blogger. hahaha

zoan said...

ah ganyan ba yan? kala ko ikaw lang din gumawa :D ahahha