I'm Still Here

Yes, I still am. Our power was down for 43 hours due to the storm (actually, it was more than that but I stopped counting at 43 because it was getting depressing) and that time we had no choice but to spend it inside the house because the storm was raging outside. Other than being deathly bored, we were quite safe and warm inside our home and I want to thank everyone who were concerned about our family's safety. As soon as the rains died down, we went out to buy stuff at the night market (sweaters, mostly, and food, of course) and when we went home we already had electricity but no internet. Hah. Good thing the connection went back up today (still intermittent but I can deal with that). When I learned of the extent of the damages to the city I was shocked and sad for the people who were greatly affected, but thankful just the same, that amidst the weather Paulie, Svet and I had nothing serious to complain about other than boredom.

So here I am, up to my neck in backlog and gravely behind everybody's contests but I'll manage. In fact, I have more than a week of scheduled posts now. LOL. So you'll be hearing from me again everyday for at least the next week here and at WAHMaholic. I hope everybody's okay and had a great weekend in spite of the weather and everything else crazy. All the messages in the shoutbox and the comments left here would be attended to tomorrow. I better get back to work. The boss (Svet) is screaming for Sesame Street and I can't give it to her until I finish a couple of paid posts. Sheesh.

12 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

glad you are safe! Storms suck...especially when you lose power.

redamethyst said...

good thing everything is ok up there.

zoan said...

uh-uh ito ba yung ngka land slide sa daan papuntang baguio?...

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I don't like if power down, usually they sent letter to homes that will lose power

niko said...

ay sesame street fan si svet?? hihihi si yena di pa namimeet mga yan hihih mkabili nga ng dvd :D

niko said...

atleast tayo boredom lng inabot nung time ng bagyo... there are far worst than our boredom.. nkka guilty right after u know what happened to others noh???

niko said...

prang pag walang kuryente at internet sobrang boring ng buhay noh?

to think na noong unang panahon di nmn sila NEED :D

Sherry Go Sharing said...

hehe.. the boss is svet :D

Sherry Go Sharing said...

hehe.. yeah you need do post as got deadline

Sherry Go Sharing said...

sesame street hehe.. long time no see.

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I sang along when I am kid

Sherry Go Sharing said...

yeah I am still here.. even my internet slow