The Secret Is Out!

When I first heard of the Red Chair Confessions site, I didn't even think it was connected to a company. I seriously thought it was a personal blog. But then I learned that it was a ploy of a "secret" advertiser. I couldn't wait to see who it turns out to be, so I waited in rapt anticipation. After all, it is genius marketing. I've never heard of anybody else attempt this kind of advertising before, and being a faithful believer in the power of blogging, I was impressed by the idea.

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long. Never had I imagined that it would be for a retailing company, much less a huge one. It turned out that the site is for and by Talbots. Now the Forgive Me Father, Again video (below) makes perfect sense. I was really surprised. I have this impression that Talbot's is just for moms. It turns out they have been repackaging, changing their image to target not only moms, but women (and girls!) in general. But I must say, they did a good job. I've been coming back ever since. I LOVE the Covet This and Spotted (where they itemize the clothing of someone famous they catch on the street) categories, where they feature the most gorgeous Talbots items.



How about you? Have you found something fabulous to covet in the Talbots website? What is it? You gotta tell me. :)

Post?slot_id=80832&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark


5 comments:

redamethyst said...

yeah, it looks like a personal blog, something about fashion, ang galing ng pagkakagawa nila

Genefaith said...

nacurious nga ako marce kung ano bang obssession ng babae..something that she felt guilty..para bang she committed adultery...

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I like red chair its my favourite colour, but sad my housemate broke it.

niko said...

ay di ko man lng to nabalitaan ha hihihih

niko said...

i will watch the video tom marce.. naku pumipikit n amata ko :D